Plan Vivo Standard 2012 consultation – participate in the review!
The Plan Vivo Foundation invites feedback on the updated Plan Vivo Standard. Stakeholder input is vital to ensuring the Plan Vivo Standard is practical, robust and meets the needs of different users including projects and the communities they support, and PES funders.
- Plan Vivo Standard 2012 – draft for consultation (pdf)
- Plan Vivo Procedures Manual – draft for consultation (pdf)
- Consultation Paper: background and consultation questions (pdf)
- Feedback form (word doc)
This is a one month consultation period and your feedback is requested by 9th November 2012.
Please send feedback or any questions to Alexa@planvivofoundation.org
If you would like to discuss the updated standard by phone – please call the Plan Vivo Foundation on +44(0)131 672 3782.
What to expect:
- The standard retains its focus on land-use activities taking place on smallholder and community land
- The scope of activities eligible to generate Plan Vivo Certificates is now broader; any form of land-management with the potential to generate additional climate services, and benefit livelihoods and ecosystems is now eligible (where previously the emphasis was on forestry activities).
- New requirements regarding project governance and financial transparency and socioeconomic impact assessment have been introduced.
Timeline and process
The Plan Vivo Foundation will summarise and publish all feedback and incorporate any changes in the standard, and a final draft will be released for final comments by stakeholders before the end of November. The final version of the standard will then be submitted to the Plan Vivo Board of trustees for approval, with the aim of making the updated Standard available for use in December 2012.
Plan Vivo Standard 2008
The current version of the Plan Vivo standard is the 2008 version, which will continue to be in use until the approval of the new version, and continue to be used by existing registered projects (unless they opt to migrate to the new version).
Download the Plan Vivo Standard 2008 here.
The Plan Vivo Standard is developed and overseen by the Plan Vivo Foundation, whose functions and governance are described here.