Plan Vivo Standard 2012 consultation - full revision process
The Plan Vivo Foundation invites feedback on the updated Plan Vivo Standard. Stakeholder input is vital to ensuring the Plan Vivo Standard is practical, robust and meets the needs of different users including projects and the communities they support, and PES funders.
- Plan Vivo Standard 2012 – draft for consultation (pdf)
- Plan Vivo Procedures Manual – draft for consultation (pdf)
- Consultation Paper: background and consultation questions (pdf)
- Feedback form (word doc)
The consultation period closed in November 2012. Responses to the consultation have now been collated and assessed and a final version of the Plan Vivo Standard submitted to the Board of Trustees for consideration and approval.
The new version of the standard will be published with a full consultation response describing how consultation feedback was taken into account.
Please contact the Foundation if you have any questions about the progress of the standard or transition to the updated version (email@example.com)
If you would like to discuss the updated standard by phone – please call the Plan Vivo Foundation on +44(0)131 672 3782.
What to expect:
- The standard retains its focus on land-use activities taking place on smallholder and community land
- The scope of activities eligible to generate Plan Vivo Certificates is now broader; any form of land-management with the potential to generate additional climate services, and benefit livelihoods and ecosystems is now eligible (where previously the emphasis was on forestry activities).
- New requirements regarding project governance and financial transparency and socioeconomic impact assessment have been introduced.
Plan Vivo Standard 2008 (current version)
The current version of the Plan Vivo standard is the 2008 version, which will continue to be in use until the approval of the new version, and continue to be used by existing registered projects (unless they opt to migrate to the new version).
Download the Plan Vivo Standard 2008 here.
Governance of the standard
The Plan Vivo Standard is developed and overseen by the Plan Vivo Foundation, whose functions and governance are described here.